Mark your calendars! Perhaps it’s too generous or optimistic to say that it’s starting to cool a bit here in the desert, and many Members and Friends are beginning to return for the Coachella Valley’s anticipated cooler months. We’ve had our ingathering and it’s time to get church things done.
Sep 27, 2023 | President's Message
Your 2023 – 2024 Board has now met several times and we are off and running. With an orientation, two Regular Meetings, and a Retreat under our belt, we have discussed and approved many items of business, including our short-range fiscal year goals and longer term, three-year strategic goals. These goals and plans remind me of a former minister who once preached about the importance of setting our boats right. The Board has set its boat right! Read more to find a listing of the goals we approved at our retreat.
- Sacred Grounds Update: November 2023 October 31, 2023
- Save the Dates! Church Is Back in Full Swing! October 31, 2023
- Bread Not Stone: Pluralism October 31, 2023
- Arlene Rosenthal October 20, 2023
- Bread Not Stone: Interdependence September 29, 2023
- President’s Message for October 1, 2023 September 27, 2023
- Sacred Grounds Update: August 2023 August 25, 2023
- Bread Not Stone: How Can We Help? July 29, 2023
- Sacred Grounds Update July 2023 July 27, 2023
- July Backpack & School Supply Drive June 27, 2023
- Take Action for a Future Free from Gun Violence May 26, 2023
- Sacred Grounds Update June 2023 May 26, 2023
- Sacred Grounds Weed Pull, March 2023 March 14, 2023
- Black History Month January 27, 2023
- Bread not Stone: Pondering the Principles January 26, 2023
- Sacred Grounds Update January 2023 January 13, 2023
- December 2022 Update December 1, 2022
- Fall Kickoff! November 13, 2022
- Series of Excellent Programs Now Available on PBS September 25, 2022
- Bread not Stone: We hear you. We love you. You are not alone. June 29, 2022
- So Where Do We Go From Here?
- Assimilation, Limited Inclusion and Belonging
- Are we proposing this principle because we are doing something wrong?
- Why do we need another principle about racism? Don’t our other 7 principles address this?
- What does “white supremacy culture” mean?
- What is meant by “white privilege?
- What does the phrase from the proposed 8th Principle “accountably dismantle racism” mean?
- The 8th Principle – Let’s Examine What It Really Means
- The 8th Principle – Can we change the wording?
- The 8th Principle – Learn More About It!
- The 8th Principle – Why is UUCOD wanting to adopt this?
- The 8th Principle – What is it and Should UUCOD Adopt it?